Logan Power Take-off (PTO) Clutches: How They Work
Logan PTO clutches are hydraulically or pneumatically actuated. Pressurizing the cylinder forces the piston to clamp and lock the friction and separator discs. When pressure is lifted, release springs take apart the separator discs and maintain a running clearance between separator and friction discs.
- Heavy duty, self-adjusting, disc pack
- Rugged, lightweight corrosion-resistant enclosure does not require external shielding
- High-alloy shafts for maximum strength
- Modified standards available for specific design requirements
- Optional manual engagement screws (should power flow be disrupted)
Front Mount Power Take-Off (PTO) Clutch with Flexible Coupling
The Logan SPF Series Clutch integrates a flexible coupling into the design to mitigate vibration from torsionally active diesel or gasoline engines. The durometer of the flexible coupling is designed to absorb typical vibration stemming from diesel engines. Modified couplings are available to meet specific customers applications.