Calculate your savings
Optimize Your Early And Late-Model Warner & Swasey with Logan Hi-Lo Retrokits
Logan Hi-Lo Retrokits for your early and late-model Warner & Swasey increase your machines daily and weekly output from 10-20% - leaving you room for additional capacity, productivity and profitability. Positive, fast-acting Logan Clutch engagement enables your Acme to change speeds much faster, and provides a more consistent and accurate cycle time than conventional mechanical clutches.
Simplifies Machine Set-up
Set-up personnel can position tools closer to the work piece, and reduce dwell time due to repeatable high and low-speed clutch engagement.
Guaranteed Cycle Time Repeatability
We replace your 1940s vintage mechanically actuated high-speed and feed clutches, roll clutch, band brake, linkages, pins and lever arms with air-actuated, self-adjusting Logan clutches. By making the switch from mechanical to Logan, you'll increase your machines, daily and weekly output significantly, through consistent and accurate speed changes and decreased maintenance.
Our quick-stop power-applied brake prevents coasting and provides accurate braking for bar loader positioning during feed-out. Hi-Lo Retrokit Features:
- Reduces idle time between speed changes.
- Replaces mechanical clutches, roll clutch, band brake and linkages with fast-acting air-actuated Logan Clutches.
- Positive, crisp Logan Clutch engagement guarantees cycle time repeatability.
- Simplifies clutch maintenance -No disc pack adjustment or slippage.
- Quick-stop, power-applied brake -Prevents machine coasting.
- New! Low-speed clutch design reduces idle time. Machine operates more consistently.
- Increase productivity from 10-20%.
- Tools can be positioned closer to the work piece due to repeatable high and low-speed clutch engagement.
- Better machine utilization -More productivity from existing machines, operators and floor space.
- Self-adjusting disc pack simplifies clutch maintenance
- Eliminates, linkages, lever arms, yokes, pins, etc.
- More than twice the torque to move your stockreel, and accurate braking optimizes your bar loader investment
Index Comparison Mechanical Vs. Logan
An overhead view of High-Speed and Low-Speed feed clutches, drive and brake cups, spacers, fittings, etc. supplied with the mechanical portion of your Hi-Lo Retrokit. (Acme 1 RA-6 shown)
Warner & Swasey equipped with Old-Style Mechanical Clutches, Band Brake, Roll Clutch and Linkages
Warner & Swasey with Logan Hi-Lo Retrokit
* Idle time reduced further with Logan Indexer
Justification Worksheet for your Warner & Swasey
Production time = 16 Hours/Day (70% Efficiency or Run Time)
Warner & Swasey 1-1/4 RA-6
Cycle Time With
Cycle time with
% Increase with Logan Hi-Lo Retrokit
Cycle Time (#seconds per part)
|Parts per minute (x0.7)
|Parts per hour
|Parts per shift (8 hrs.x0.7)
|Parts per day (2 shifts)
|Parts per week (5 days)
|Parts per year (50 weeks)
|Revenue @ 0.15 per part
- Additional parts produced per year - with Hi-Lo Retrokit: 160,000
- Total added revenue to companies top line, utilizing existing machine, operator and floor space $24,000.00
Above calculation based on 10% increase in production.
Logan Hi-Lo Retrokits For Your Early and Late-Model Warner & Swasey!
Each Logan Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and Accessory kit is designed to save you time and money during installation. Kits are furnished with detailed mechanical, electrical and pneumatic schematics. Simple to Install:
Easily retrofit older machines.
Field installation service is also available.
Simplifies addition of stock depletion, broken-tool and short-part detectors.
Hi-Lo Retrokit Control
Standard Cams and Limit Switches