A dedicated team of engineers is equipped to design and modify
product to fit specific customer’s needs. Westlake, Ohio Based OEM Manufacturer of Industrial Clutches and Brakes, seeks a Design a Senior Design and Applications Engineer who will be part of a 6-member engineering team, responsible for clutch and power transmission product line lifecycle management. The Journey begins from customer concept, to design and detail, prototype testing, proof of concept in the field and the final production. First and foremost, adapt existing power transmission product offerings into customer applications. Modify standard products to meet specific customer needs.
Specific responsibilities: Lead role in customer application analysis, review and recommendations; product design, testing, and sustaining of Logan products. Work within an ISO 9001-2015 certified system.
Senior Design Engineer
Cad Technician Mechanical Designer
Manage multiple small tasks and large projects at one time in differing levels of completion.
Communicate directly with sales and manufacturing group, as well as customers to resolve technical issues and questions.
Assist with defining, planning, scheduling, and coordinating the engineering design of Logan Clutch product line(s) within customer time-frames, cost, technical and economic factors.
Document engineering task and project work within established MS Planner task /project system.
Cad Technician Mechanical Designer
The CAD Designer/Technician will work with Project Managers, Project Engineers and CAD Manger to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using AutoCAD and or AutoCAD MEP/CADWorx Plant, and the scope of the job will span all elements of the project life cycle inclusive of gathering project requirements, preliminary and final design, procurement and As-Builts of equipment and materials, project monitoring and control. Work will also include updating management of documentation for existing equipment systems.
Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts or mark-ups provided by Logan Clutch engineering or project management staff. Draw and plot drawings to scale, as required.
Work under the direction of the CAD Manager to design complex drawings, such as P&ID, construction documents, routine design layouts, detailed drawings, equipment skid and piping.
Prepare complex drawings (e.g., PFDs, P&IDs, scaled equipment layouts, and equipment details).
Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
Develop equipment/material schedules and material takeoffs, from drawings or sketches. Support preparation of requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors, as directed.
Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe.
Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing relevant technical publications.
Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
Maintain utilization by assisting with non-drafting project activities such as component assembly and hands-on work in the shop as shop as appropriate.
Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
Adhere to Logan Clutch practices, policies and procedures for document revision control.
• 5 to 10 years AutoCAD experience
• Proficiency in AutoCad (2014 or newer version)
• Strong understanding of, mechanical design fundamentals and practices
• AutoCAD MEP or CADWorx Plant software (preferred but not required)
• Experience in remediation technology (preferred, but not required)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Knowledge of AutoCAD Scripts, VBA & Lisp functions)
• AutoCAD training (2yr Associates degree in Drafting Technology or Equivalent)
• Customer focused, results-oriented professional and strong team player
• Self-starter that demonstrates initiative
• Ability to take direction and act independently
• Strong communications and organization skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized
Level of Supervision:
• Report to Engineering Manager through CAD Manager
• CAD Manger will work with project management staff to set work priorities
• Work independently based on instructions, directions, or requests received from Supervisor and/or Sr. Project staff.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
We want to talk to you. Send a note to HR@loganclutch.com